At the Don CeSar and Beach House Suites we care about all our guests. It is important to us that everyone who visits our website or hotel feels welcome and finds the experience seamless and rewarding. We have designed this website using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
We strive to provide accessibility services and accommodations to help all of our guests who may have additional needs or requirements. Our commitment to accessibility is a hallmark of our hospitality and ensures that all individuals can experience our extraordinary accommodations.
How has your experience been?
We monitor the website regularly to maintain this standard, but if you have difficulty using this website, please don't hesitate to reach us via email at [email protected] or call us at 727-360-1881
Accessible public spaces of the hotel
The Don CeSar offers a variety of accessible routes, features, elements, and amenities throughout its public spaces and within its hotel rooms. Highlights of the accessible features in our public spaces are:
- Handicap Accessible self-parking is available, including "van accessible" spaces
- Height of the covered passenger pickup/drop-off area accommodates vehicles up to least 9′-0″ high
- Parking spaces are located on the ground level at locations nearest to the entrances.
- Exterior Routes
- There is an accessible entrance door to the building
- There are no steps, no abrupt level changes, no un-ramped curbs to the entrance/exit, public sidewalks, pool, beach, or courtyard.
- Hotel Entrance
- Fully automatic ground level entrance doors with wide clearance
- Elevator service from ground level to main lobby and registration
- Interior Routes
- There are no steps, no abrupt level changes, no unsecured carpet and no un-ramped curbs to the following areas: Guestrooms, public restrooms, lobby, restaurants, meeting spaces, boutiques, entrance/exit, or fitness center.
- There is a full-size passenger elevator serving each level of the hotel
- All elevator jambs have wall displays or a kiosk placed on both sides designating the floor with raised letters and braille characters
- There are visible and verbal signals to indicate which elevator car is available, its direction, and when it has reached a designated floor.
- Public Restrooms
- Public restrooms are accessible, with at least one large accessible stall/toilet, one accessible lavatory, and one accessible urinal
- Accessible toilets have a horizontal grab bar on the adjacent side wall
- At least one wash basin in each public restroom has drains and hot water pipes that are insulated or protected
- All of our restaurants, bars and boutiques are handicapped accessible
- Elevators and/or ramps are provided for access to all outlets throughout the property including the spa
- Pool and Beach
- Pool lifts at each pool
- Beach wheelchairs are available upon request
Accessible Guest Rooms Features:
Both the Don and Beach House Suites were designed with rooms to accommodate guests with disabilities.
- The Don has 7 accessible guest rooms, including 1 penthouse, that are mobility, visual and hearing accessible with either 1-king, 1-queen, or 2 doubles. Rooms offer either accessible bathrooms with tubs or roll in showers. To view details of these accommodations features on our website or to take a virtual tour, Click Here.
- The Beach House Suites has 4 accessible guest rooms that are mobility, visual and hearing accessible with queen beds and an accessible bathroom with a roll in shower. To view details of these accommodations features on our website or to take a virtual tour, Click Here.
- The Don CeSar and Beach House Suites allow persons with disabilities to use service animals, without imposing any extra charges or conditions, in guestroom/suites and all public areas of the facility.
- Hotel staff are available to move furniture and provide and adjust accessible features in guestrooms.
- Hotel staff are trained to offer assistance, upon request, to persons with disabilities who cannot transport their luggage to/from their guestrooms and who may need assistance in locating guestrooms and hotel amenities/guestrooms when features require installation or adjustment to ensure accessibility.
- Hotel staff are available to read printed/visual information upon request.